The Rid'Air team's opinion: " ... "
The Eona 3 is SUPAIR's new school sail. Our design team relied on feedback from schools using the EONA 2 to propose a sail that best meets the expectations of professionals.
Thought to last, it benefits from reliable and robust materials. Our will was to push to the maximum the simplification of the model by reducing the number of lines and by privileging its ergonomics. Very stable on the pitch and roll axes, the Eona 3 is safe for its pilot and easily predictable for the instructor.
In school use, the easy inflation, with no hard points or overshoot, combined with excellent handling immediately gives students confidence and supports them throughout their progress to lead them to success.
As with the EONA 2 the risers are color coded for easy identification of left and right sides. The risers are also equipped with the EONA's ergonomic ear kit.
Compared to the EONA 2
- Less roll thanks to work on the arch and twist
- Simplified surge, reduced number of lines allows for easier untangling and greater performance
- We modified the XS and S sizes of the Eona 3 by surfacing them more to make them more roll friendly and less dynamic.
- Internal structure is laser cut, for greater assembly precision.
- A large tension band has been added between the "C" and "D", increasing the travel at the controls.
- The profile is new, and allows for smoother inflation and no overshoot.
- New Supair exclusive tabs, made with a new braid, and allowing to reach breakage values of 20% beyond the EN standard for size L.
- 5 sizes covering from 50 to 130 kg
- 6 colors with 1 color including white
- Beginner pilots and up
- Inflating and slope training
- Walk-in or winch-in takeoff
- Long-lasting rods
- Wing tip drain system
- Exclusive ear kit
- Extrados fabric: Dominico D30 soft
- Intrados fabric: Dominico D20 soft
- Suspended bulkhead fabric: Porcher Sport Skytex 40 Hard
- Compression strips and D partitions: Porcher Sport Skytex 40 Hard
- Non-suspended partitions: Porcher Sport Skytex 40 Hard
- Bulkheads: Porcher Sport Ripstop self-adhesive 50 mm
- High slopes: Liros
- Intermediate slopes : Edelrid
- Low slopes : Edelrid
|Number of cells||38||38||38||38||38|
|Flat area (m²)||21.8||24||26.60||28.70||31|
|Projected area (m²)||18.59||20.46||22.68||24.47||26.43|
|Projected span (m)||8.14||8.54||8.99||9.34||9.7|
|Sail weight (kg)||4.4||4.7||5||5.4||5.7|
|Range Total Flying Weight (kg)||50-70||65-85||80-105||90-115||105-130|
|High arm speed (km/h)||38||38||38||38||38|
|Maximum speed (km/h)||48||48||48||48||48|
|Homologation||EN 926 - 1 and 2 & LTF 91/09 - Class A||EN 926 - 1 and 2 & LTF 91/09 - Class A||EN 926 - 1 and 2 & LTF 91/09 - Class A||EN 926 - 1 and 2 & LTF 91/09 - Class A||EN 926 - 1 and 2 & LTF 91/09 - Class A|
|Number of lifts||3||3||3||3||3|